Staff threatened with large knives in Silver End and Witham Co-Op robberies
- Credit: Archant
Shop staff were threatened during two knife-point robberies at Co-Op stores, four miles apart, in Silver End and Witham on Friday.
Essex Police received reports that two men, with scarves covering their faces, entered shops in Broadway, Silver End, and Spa Road, Witham, between 9.30pm and 10pm, armed with large knives.
The men threatened shop workers and ran from the scene with cash.
No one was injured in the raids.
Officers searched the surrounding area, with assistance from the police helicopter, but were unable to locate the suspects.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now reviewing CCTV and carrying out enquiries at both scenes.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Braintree CID on 101, quoting crime references 42/22523/18 or 42/22521/18, or report information online by visiting essex.police.uk.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
Alternatively, you can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.