Stolen car crashes into four vehicles before driver flees on foot
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
Four parked vehicles have been damaged after they were hit by a stolen car in Newmarket before the driver left the scene of the incident.
Police were called to reports of the collision in Stamford Street at around 8pm on Tuesday.
Upon arrival, officers found that a car had collided with four parked vehicles causing "minor damage".
The vehicle understood to have caused the damage was abandoned in the middle of the road and the driver fled the scene.
A police spokesman confirmed that the vehicle was stolen but no one has been arrested in connection with the incident and enquiries are ongoing.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the incident or anyone with any information are asked to contact Suffolk Police quoting the crime reference 8961/20.
- 1 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 2 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 3 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Stu says: He's ours now! The pick-pocket and cheese-gate - Town's 4-0 win
- 6 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 7 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 8 Family pay tribute to former Suffolk headteacher who has passed away
- 9 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties