Stansted flights halted by damaged runway
- Credit: STANSTED AIRPORT
Flights were grounded at London Stansted Airport for a short time due to runway damage.
After an hour of delays while airport staff carried out repairs, flights were resumed by 9am on May 22.
At least 27 departing flights were delayed by the problem, mainly affecting passengers travelling with Ryanair.
It is not known what destinations the planes were destined for.
A spokesman for the airport said that departures and arrivals were suspended on Wednesday morning to allow "minor runway works to be safely carried out".
You may also want to watch:
London Stansted is the UK's fourth busiest airport, being used by 28 million passengers in 2018.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots