Stansted: two men injured in kitchen fire at Holiday Inn Express

Fire crews called to Holiday Inn Express in Stansted

Fire crews called to Holiday Inn Express in Stansted - Credit: Archant

Two men have been injured after a fire broke out in the kitchen of the Holiday Inn Express, Stansted.

Three fire crews, two from Dunmow and one from Stansted, were called to the scene at 8.56pm to extinguish the kitchen fire.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used one hose reel to tackle the fire in the kitchens of the hotel on Thremhall Avenue. Once the fire was out, they used a high pressure fan to clear the area of smoke.

The fire was contained to the kitchen and was extinguished by 9,18pm.

Ambulance Service paramedics were called to treat the two male casualties.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus