Stanton: Firefighters put out tumble dryer blaze

Fire and ambulance crews have been sent to free a trapped and injured woman from her car following a

Fire and ambulance crews have been sent to free a trapped and injured woman from her car following a three-vehicle crash. - Credit: Archant

Firefighters tackled a tumble dryer blaze inside a garage in Stanton.

Two crews were sent to Hepworth Road at 5.30pm this afternoon.

On arrival they found the dryer well alight and used two hose reels and a covering jet to fight the flames.

The fire was put out by 6.10pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter