Stanton Parish Council give their thoughts to David Jenkins’ family
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2013
Stanton is in shock after a pilot from the village died in a crash during a practice display in Norfolk.
David Jenkins, in his 60s, was flying an Edge 360 plane during a media event yesterday to launch the Old Buckenham Airshow when he failed to recover from a spin.
Mr Jenkins, who was a member of the Wildcat Aerobatics team, was said to have been one of the leading aerobatics pilots in the UK.
His death is not the first tragedy to have hit Stanton in recent years; in 2012 midwife Hannah Seeley, 23, from the village, was killed in a crash on the A143 at Pakenham and in 2011 brothers Thomas, 26, and Daniel Hazelton, 30, and their workmates Peter Johnson (PJ), 42, from Stanton, and Adam Taylor, 28, from nearby Rickinghall, died in an industrial accident in Norfolk.
Chairman of Stanton Parish Council, Kelvin McDonald, said the parish council’s thoughts went out to Mr Jenkins’ family.
You may also want to watch:
“I think the community will be shocked. It’s another tragic accident involving somebody losing their life, which is not nice in any community; you don’t have to know them.”
Stanton borough councillor Jim Thorndyke added: “It’s really sad and my thoughts are with the family.”
- 1 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 2 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 3 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 4 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 5 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 6 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer