House party of 50 shut down twice in one night by police
- Credit: Archant
A house party of around 50 people in Essex had to be shut down twice in one night by police when it moved locations after the first warning.
The first incident took place at a property in Church Lane, Stanway, on Friday, August 21, when a large number of police units were called to disperse crowds of revellers late at night.
Essex Police said the party had spilled out into the surrounding streets with loud music, shouting and drunkenness.
However, just an hour later the same group set up a new party in Dilbridge Road East, in nearby Colchester.
Police soon arrived to break it up but not before local residents had been woken up by the disturbance.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said: “This sort of behaviour as people try to sleep in their own homes is not acceptable and it will not be tolerated by Essex Police.”
Both of the properties which hosted the two parties have been served with Community Protection Warnings, with stringent conditions to prevent any future gatherings.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 7 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
If they are breached the people responsible could face arrest and court proceedings.