Star being lined up for CD launch party
FELIXSTOWE: Organisers are preparing to announce a national touring star to top the bill at a launch party for a new album showcasing talent from the Suffolk Coastal area.
The district’s music project for young people, Soundwaves, will launch its new album Sounds of the East Coast III at Felixstowe’s Spa Pavilion on April 10.
This year’s Clay, Fick as Fieves, Silk and Steel, Castellani, Stratosfire, Crab Meat Moon, To the Dogs, Timothy Leat and the Running, Deadbeats, and Walkway, have all recorded original material for the album, and will play their tracks live at the party.
As well as showcasing local rising talent, Soundwaves album parties are headlined by national touring stars.
A spokesman for the organisers said the act would be announced in the next few days.
You may also want to watch:
“The mystery bill-topper Soundwaves hopes to secure has supported The Flaming Lips, The Magic Numbers, OK Go, The Kooks and Feeder,” he said.
“They also played the BBC Electric Proms, Oxegen, Glastonbury, Reading and Leeds festivals, and SXSW.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
“With two NME awards nominations, tracks featured on popular TV shows, a top 40-hit, and a forthcoming new album and supporting UK tour, it’s safe to say local music fans could be in for a real treat.”
The launch starts at 7pm on April 10 – tickets are �5 on the door, and �3 concessions.