Star Wars characters line up in Bury St Edmunds to help boost Every Heart Matters appeal
- Credit: Archant
Star Wars characters will be out in force at the Arc Shopping Centre, in Bury St Edmunds, at the weekend, to help raise funds for the My WiSH Charity’s Every Heart Matters appeal.
Cloud City Collecting is organising the fundraising event at the Arc Shopping Centre with the opportunity for people to have photographs taken with them.
It is taking place on Saturday, May 19, from 10am, and it’s hoped funds can be raised to support the appeal which is aiming to raise £500,000 for a new cardiac diagnostic unit at the West Suffolk Hospital.
David Floyde is the founding member of Cloud City Collecting which is a vintage Star Wars toy collecting group set up last year with currently 2,000 members and growing.
He said: “As a group we are always keen to help charity causes and My WiSH Charity’s Every Heart Matters appeal is a cause close to my heart.
You may also want to watch:
“My father, Tony Floyde, works for West Suffolk Hospital as the senior project manager for the new cardiac suite currently being developed and the money raised will support the appeal.”
He will also have some of the characters from Vader’s Raiders and volunteers will be chaperoning the characters so visitors can put a donation in the bucket and can also get a once-in-a-lifetime photo with their favourite sci-fi character.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 2 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 3 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 4 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 Young couple locked up after falling asleep in car containing class A drugs
- 7 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 8 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 9 Blues star looking forward to 'getting down to business'
- 10 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
David will also be there dressed as Boba Fett.
The West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust is investing £5.2m in developing a state of the art cardiac suite that will provide quicker access to more treatments, but the £500,000 My WiSH Charity is hoping to raise will lead to the whole unit, which is currently fragmented on different floors, being brought together in one purpose-built centre.
If you want to support the Every Heart Matters appeal go to the websitewww.mywishcharity.co.uk and if you would like to donate to the appeal you can do so by going to: Justgiving.com/ehma or text EHMA17 £10 to 70070.