Suffolk housing association scoops regional award for elderly accommodation
- Credit: Archant
A housing association has scooped an award for one of its Suffolk homes for the elderly.
Steeple View, in Stowupland, was entered into the awards by the residents and was delighted to receive a bronze award for the best UK housing with care scheme.
The aim of the awards is to celebrate the best in specialist housing for older people and allowing residents to identifying what contributes to their quality of life.
Paul Kingston, director of housing and care services at Orwell Housing, said: “We are absolutely delighted to have won this award, congratulations have to go to the staff at Steeple View and to the residents for taking the time to enter the awards.
“We were the only scheme in Suffolk to win an award, so this is a huge achievement for us all here at Orwell Housing.”
You may also want to watch:
In the East of England region 1,269 residents, visitors, volunteers and on-site staff cast their votes for the awards.
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 Serial 'dine and dash' conman who fled hotels without paying is jailed
- 3 Car catches fire outside Morrisons store in Ipswich
- 4 Suffolk Covid rates declining, but increased deaths expected
- 5 Timeline: When can you expect to receive the Covid vaccine?
- 6 Ipswich consider striker signing after Hawkins undergoes surgery
- 7 Parents 'distraught' after teenage boy is violently assaulted in Chantry
- 8 Covid rate falling across Suffolk and north Essex
- 9 Town have 27 first teamers available... And Taylor hints at the return of squad rotation
- 10 Plans to convert pub into takeaway refused