Man, 71, who sexually assaulted vulnerable woman faces jail
- Credit: Archant
A Bradfield man who sexually assaulted a mentally disordered woman has been warned he is facing a jail sentence.
Stephen Pilgrim, of Harwich Road, was arrested in July following allegations of an assault on a woman on December 31, 2019.
The 71-year-old was subsequently charged with two counts of sexually assaulting a mentally disordered person.
Pilgrim pleaded guilty to both charges when he appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, October 21.
He is due to be sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court on Wednesday, November 18.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Constable Reuben Brame, from the Adult Sexual Assault Investigation Team at Essex Police, said: “Stephen Pilgrim took advantage of a vulnerable woman for his own gratification.
“For these despicable acts he now faces the prospect of time behind bars.”
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening