Man, 71, who sexually assaulted vulnerable woman faces jail
- Credit: Archant
A Bradfield man who sexually assaulted a mentally disordered woman has been warned he is facing a jail sentence.
Stephen Pilgrim, of Harwich Road, was arrested in July following allegations of an assault on a woman on December 31, 2019.
The 71-year-old was subsequently charged with two counts of sexually assaulting a mentally disordered person.
Pilgrim pleaded guilty to both charges when he appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday, October 21.
He is due to be sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court on Wednesday, November 18.
Detective Constable Reuben Brame, from the Adult Sexual Assault Investigation Team at Essex Police, said: “Stephen Pilgrim took advantage of a vulnerable woman for his own gratification.
“For these despicable acts he now faces the prospect of time behind bars.”
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 3 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 4 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 7 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 8 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 9 'That is the calibre'- Oxford boss on potential transfer move for Norwood
- 10 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station