Former Ipswich Town star Steve Palmer to feature on University Challenge
- Credit: Archant
Former Ipswich Town player Steve Palmer is set to take part in a Christmas special series of BBC Two’s University Challenge.
The Brighton-born defender, who wore a Blues jersey for six years – including during a spell in the Premier League – is set to compete in the quiz challenge alongside fellow University of Cambride graduates.
Joined by painter, writer and team captain Lachlan Goudie, the Christ’s College team will also feature journalist Sathnam Sanghera and award-winning poet Helen Mort.
Joining Town in 1989, Palmer signed his first contract for the club after impressing during a then annual pre-season friendly against University of Cambridge, where he studied software engineering.
The former Town star will feature in the first episode of the Christmas special series, which kicks off with a derby between Christ’s College and Oxford’s St John’s College on Monday December 21.
You may also want to watch:
The grand final will take place on New Year’s Day.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 9 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 10 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site