Guest found dead at Stoke by Nayland Hotel
- Credit: Archant
A guest has been found dead in a room at a popular hotel complex in Stoke by Nayland.
Firefighters were called to the Stoke by Nayland Hotel, in Keepers Lane, about 4.50pm yesterday afternoon after reports of a potential chemical incident.
They attended the scene along with police officers and paramedics from the East of England Ambulance Service.
A small scale evacuation of nearby rooms was carried out for public safety purposes as crews investigated a “light chemical smell”. However, it was later confirmed no chemicals were involved.
A spokesman for the hotel said: “We can confirm that earlier today a guest was found deceased in their hotel room.
You may also want to watch:
“We immediately notified the police who are dealing with the incident.
“It would be inappropriate for us to comment any further, but our thoughts are with those connected to this tragic situation.”
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 4 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 5 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 6 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 10 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
Suffolk Constabulary are unable to comment due to the ongoing investigation at this time.
An ambulance spokesman said: “Several ambulances, rapid response vehicles and the Essex and Herts air ambulance attended the Stoke by Nayland Hotel and Golf Spa near Colchester around 5.30pm last evening following reports that a person had died.
“Sadly the person was found to be deceased. We are unable to provide any further information.”
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue spokesman added: “We were called to a potential chemical exposure.
“We received initial reports of a light chemical smell and evacuated adjoining rooms as a precaution.
“We entered one of the hotel rooms through the ground window and no chemicals found to be involved.”
Stoke by Nayland Hotel is a popular 80-room complex with two championship golf courses, spa and restaurant.
It is part of an 80-year-old family business set in the picturesque Stour Valley.