Stolen KFC Colonel found by police under ‘silly’ suspect’s bed
- Credit: ESSEX POLICE COLCHESTER FACEBOOK
A light-fingered thief was caught red-handed after police officers stumbled across the pinched KFC Colonel during a search of a suspect’s home.
According to police, thieves stole the Kentucky Fried Chicken Colonel Sanders logo from outside the restaurant in High Street Colchester over Christmas.
Just this weekend the mystery was put to bed after the Colchester town team completed a house search and recovered the Colonel.
On Facebook, police said the Colonel was found under the suspects bed and two males were dealt with for their "silly behaviour".
Officers from the Colchester team posted about their finger-licking find on Facebook, celebrating with the hashtags #WinnerWinnerChickenDinner and #TownTeam.
You may also want to watch:
An Essex Police spokesman said: "We received a report on Wednesday 26 December about the theft of a sign from KFC, in Colchester High Street.
"Following our enquiries, we recovered the sign at an address in Colchester on Saturday 4 January and we gave words of advice to two men.
- 1 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 2 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 7 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 8 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 Blues ratings: How Town players performed in the draw at Charlton
"We will be making our enquiries with the victim in relation to a community resolution."