Stonham Aspal: Serious kitchen fire leaves house with smoke damage

Fire crews were called out to a blaze in a kitchen this evening which left a house filled with smoke.

Firefighters from Debenham and Needham Market were called out to a detached house in The Street in Stonham Aspal at 8.30pm yesterday.

They arrived to find a blaze had started in the kitchen and left the ground and first floor heavily smoke-logged.

The flames were so serious they requested another pump, and used four breathing apparatus and two hose reels to get the fire under control by 8.50pm.

Fire officers remained on scene to clear the property of smoke.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus