Suffolk’s best barber Tom delighted to receive award
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE
A Suffolk barber has crowned his first year in business by being named the county’s barber of the year, defeating 600 other stylists in the process.
Tom MacDonald, owner of Mac's Den in Stonham Barns, only opened his business in January.
But the barber shop's first year has been capped with Mr MacDonald taking the Local Barber of the Year prize for Suffolk in the 2019 iGuy Magazine Awards.
Mr MacDonald said of his triumph: "I truly never imagined the shop to be as successful and as busy as it has become, it was always my dream to have my own barbers' shop. Winning this award is the icing on the cake."
Despite his recognition, Mr MacDonald pledges to not raise his prices.
You may also want to watch:
He added: "I think it's still very important to keep the prices of a haircut low. Male grooming has become a big thing in recent years. Despite winning this award, my prices will still stay at £10 per haircut."
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 'Our fund is $13 billion and we’re holding $700m in cash' - The money behind Ipswich Town's new owners
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 10 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police