Classic car show to feature 1,000 vehicles including models made famous on film and TV
- Credit: Stonham Barns
Motors from the movies will be on display at a Suffolk classic car show this weekend.
Stonham Barns’ event on Sunday is set to host a 1979 Pontiac Trans Am Firebird; the model driven by Hollywood legend Steve McQueen in his last ever film, The Hunter, alongside a host of other vehicles from TV and cinema fame.
Attractions include a 1966 Ford Mustang, of the type which featured in War of the Worlds; a Ford Zodiac mark III, similar to the star of ‘60s and ‘70s police show Z Cars and a 1969 Rolls Royce Silver Shadow – the model from Starsky and Hutch and Charlie’s Angels.
Older vehicles to go on display include a 1930 Austin Chummy, a 1928 Alvis 12/50 and one of the rarest classic cars in the UK, a 1957 AC Aceca, as well as a 98-year-old 1921 Maxwell Tourer.
In total, around 1,000 vehicles are set to feature at the event, including Ferraris, Cadillacs and Rolls Royces and a 2006 Ford Ka Streetka.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be autojumble, trade stands, and food and drink.
The Classic Car Show takes place at the Stonham Aspal venue on Sunday from 10am-4pm. Entry costs £7.50.
- 1 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 4 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 5 New shop for farm that focuses on mental health
- 6 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 7 From obscurity to a nailed-on starter - Donacien's remarkable Town journey
- 8 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 9 Nsiala on his injury return, a rollercoaster Town career and 'hugging it out' with boss Cook
- 10 'It was always going to be' - Cook confirms Morsy as Town's club captain