New adventure golf park opens in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
An exciting new pirate themed adventure golf course has opened, why not take your children this summer?
Stonham Barns Golf Park, formally known as Stonham Golf Centre, has opened a brand new pirate-themed adventure golf course.
The exciting challenge, which is called Smugglers Bay, will see participants dodging volcanoes, navigating around water falls and avoiding shipwrecks.
Smugglers Bay is an 18-hole course with exciting sound effects, characters and lighting. It has several unique feature holes such as the vortex volcano, the wall of death, water hole, cascade, the boat wreck and the whale ribs.
Tony Dobson, the owner of the Golf Park, said: “I have been here at Stonham Barns for 20 years and it’s always been my dream to build this kind of golfing facility where families and children can enjoy different types of golf in a fun, friendly environment.
You may also want to watch:
“Golf is such a great game and I have always done what I can to encourage more people into the game.
“The Smugglers Bay adventure golf, together with the other seven golfing facilities, have all received a really positive reaction from customers and hopefully we have been able to make golf more enjoyable and accessible to more people.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 8 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 Ipswich mum 'eating junk food and take-aways' goes from size 22 to 12
The park has been re-developed and eight new features have been added to the facility. Smugglers Bay is just one of eight, visitors can now enjoy a StreetGolf driving range, Golfzon indoor golf simulators, a chip N putt course, a mini-footgolf course and golf darts, as well as a main nine-hole golf course and nine-hole Footgolf course.
All of the facilities at the Golf Park are available seven days a week, 9am to 8pm. For more information visit the website.