Suffolk to host UK’s first dog show offering new age therapies to pampered pooches
- Credit: Archant
Pampered pooches will be able to enjoy new age therapies, including reiki, spiritual training, and hypnotherapy, at the UK’s first holistic canine wellbeing show taking place in Suffolk this weekend.
Stonham Barns is hosting the Natural Dog Show on Sunday and Monday when a whole range of canine practitioners will be gathered, offering services such as massage, yoga and nutritional advice.
Organisers say the show is the first of its kind in the UK to feature such a range of new age therapies and holistic wellbeing initiatives aimed at enhancing dogs’ quality of life.
Victoria Smith-Gillard, who will be demonstrating Canine Flow, a ‘heart based’ dog training method to create peace, said: “I help dogs and dog owners solve issues and get back into the flow.
“Undoubtedly our world is changing. More and more of us are waking up to the idea of energy, creativity and soul journeys.
You may also want to watch:
“This behaviour technique fully embraces the emotional aspects of a dog’s behaviour, as coming from the heart rather than the mind – and provides new solutions to issues such as aggression, fears, anxieties, chewing, bonds and understanding, separation and more.
“Dogs are feeling beings. Emotional feelings are the true driver behind their every action. Our dogs all too often are simply acting out their owner’s emotional state, be that conscious or subconscious.”
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 5 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 6 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 7 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault
- 10 Stephen Ward on play-offs belief, Cook's criticism and his future
Visiting pooches will also be able to enjoy reiki, which aims to heal injuries, stiffness, stomach trouble, anxiety and more.
Maxine Keefe, a reiki master for eight years from Great Finborough, will be holding demonstrations at the show.
“To give reiki to an animal is a simple process,” she said.
“The practitioner will decide whether to treat your pet whilst in contact with them ie on their lap or sitting with them, or they could be allowed to freely move as they wish during the treatment.
“The practitioner will either lay their hands on the animals body or from a short distance away, depending on how the animal wishes to receive the energy.
“The great thing about using reiki on animals is that you can ‘see’ it working.
“Your pet will most likely relax, they may sit or lie down and you may hear their stomach gurgle.”
The Natural Dog Show takes place from 10am to 5pm each day at the Stonham Aspal venue.
Visit Stonham Barns’ website for more details.