Store draw will give away prize-filled trolley for charity lolly
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A fundraising pharmacy is giving shoppers the chance to wheel away a cartload of goodies.
The Boots store in Woodbridge is raffling off a trolley full of toiletries and gifts to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
One lucky winner will scoop £300 worth of Boots products when the draw is made later this month.
The store has so far raised more than £800 selling raffle tickets for £3, and it is hoped customers will help to almost double that amount.
Manager Sarah Norman said: “Macmillan is one of the main charities that Boots sponsors. Over the last five years the company has raised £10 million and each store is asked to hold its own fundraising event.
You may also want to watch:
“So many people’s lives are affected by cancer so there has been a lot of interest in the trolley so far.
“There are about 75 items from across the Boots range, including some gifts.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
“We’re hoping to raise about £1,500 in total.”
The draw is due to be made in store at noon on Monday, February 16, by Griff Rhys Jones’ mother, Gwyneth, who is a former nurse and lives locally. The comedian’s late father was also a doctor.