Storm Ciara LIVE – Latest travel and weather updates
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Storm Ciara has hit Suffolk and north Essex today – and we are bringing you the latest weather forecast, travel updates and road closures as they happen.
An amber weather warning for wind has been in place from 8am and is likely to remain until 9pm.
Very strong gales have already battered the region, with winds in Mildenhall and other places reaching 70mph.
There have also been power cuts at 10,000 homes across Suffolk and Essex, large waves and flying debris.
The Orwell Bridge is closed from 4am until 7pm today.
You may also want to watch:
Some events have been cancelled and major attractions and open spaces closed to the public.
- This live blog will be updated with any major incidents throughout the day.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week