Storm Ciara LIVE – Latest travel and weather updates
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
Storm Ciara has hit Suffolk and north Essex today – and we are bringing you the latest weather forecast, travel updates and road closures as they happen.
An amber weather warning for wind has been in place from 8am and is likely to remain until 9pm.
Very strong gales have already battered the region, with winds in Mildenhall and other places reaching 70mph.
There have also been power cuts at 10,000 homes across Suffolk and Essex, large waves and flying debris.
The Orwell Bridge is closed from 4am until 7pm today.
You may also want to watch:
Some events have been cancelled and major attractions and open spaces closed to the public.
- This live blog will be updated with any major incidents throughout the day.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down