Storm Dennis: Winds of up to 70mph and heavy rain expected
- Credit: Archant
Wind speeds could be higher than initially thought with gusts of up 70mph during Storm Dennis.
The blustery weather intensified overnight, particularly in the north of the region where a speed of 81mph was recorded on the north Norfolk coast.
READ MORE: Storm Dennis: Windspeeds set to hit 65mph overnight as storm intensifiesThere is currently a Met Office yellow warning for wind in place, which means some disruption to travel is likely and there could be some short-term loss of power.
Phil Garner, a forecaster with Weatherquest, said there could be gusts of 60-70mph this morning and heavy rain.
He said: "We have got this wind and rain through the morning and it looks like it will be a little drier and brighter through the afternoon.
"The winds will die down from around midday."
You may also want to watch:
He said last night wind speeds reached 50-55mph, with gusts of possibly 60mph in some places.
READ MORE: Storm Dennis: The Orwell Bridge remains CLOSEDIn terms of disruption, he said: "I think Storm Ciara may have taken down quite a lot of the loose wood and any susceptible trees, but it's still highly probable one or to may come down as the rain heads east this morning."
Suffolk police have been contacted with reports of fallen trees.
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
Temperatures will remain mild at 14/15C.