Stow cum Quy: A14 closure causes traffic chaos
DRIVERS are facing long delays as the A14 remains closed because of a serious road accident.
A woman was hit by a lorry at Stow cum Quy, junction 35 of the A14 westbound, shortly before 5.15pm.
Police and ambulance services attended and were forced to close the road at junctions 35 and 36, routing traffic onto the A11.
But although junction 35 reopened after approximately two hours, the traffic chaos around junction 36 has been made worse by a vehicle breaking down in the jam and causing a diesel spill.
The junction remains shut but police are working to reopen it in the next hour.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital by ambulance with serious head injuries and an injury to her arm.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 3 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 4 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 10 Vandals set light to seafront toilets