Stowmarket: Burglars target Gospel Hall church in Stowmarket
BURGLARS were on the run last night after they broke into a church in Stowmarket.
The police helicopter was scrambled at about 11pm after thieves targeted Gospel Hall in Stowmarket.
Officers arrived on the scene in Violet Hill Road but two men ran and managed to escape.
The burglars entered the building by smashing a window and stole audio equipment and a donations box.
But police traced all the stolen items outside the building except for an amplifier.
You may also want to watch:
One of the men is described as white, with light coloured short hair, dark trousers and a dark coloured coat with a grey hood underneath.
The second wore a black coat with a white marking on it.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 10 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
Anyone with information is asked to contact PC Sally Parkes at the Stowmarket Response Team on 101.