Disruption ‘expected until 9pm’ after person hit by train near London on Greater anglia mainline
- Credit: Archant
Train services through Suffolk and Essex have been severely disrupted after a person was hit by a train between Ilford and Shenfield.
According to Greater Anglia, a person was struck by a train close to London resulting in services heading to and from the capital not calling at London Liverpool Street, Stratford and Chelmsford.
The delays are expected throughout the evening on trains to Colchester, Ipswich, Bury St Edmunds, Stowmarket and Norwich.
Disruption is expected to last until 9pm.
A statement on the rail provider’s website said: “A person was hit by a train earlier between Ilford and Shenfield.
You may also want to watch:
“Two of the four lines have now reopened between Ilford and Gidea Park.
“Greater Anglia services are now resuming between Liverpool Street and Shenfield.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 3 Man dies in two-car crash on A12
- 4 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 5 Film crews begin shooting Amazon show in Suffolk village
- 6 Dog-friendly pub set to reopen in east Suffolk after major revamp
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Covid-19 outbreak at hotel 'goes back to Latitude' - but guests not pinged
- 9 GP warns of 'Latitude effect' as cases rise among young people
- 10 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
“TFL Rail and London Overground are also affected by these problems please visit the National Rail website for further details.”
Alternative directions for travel to Ipswich and Norwich are provided as follows:
• Greater Anglia services between Liverpool Street and Norwich via Cambridge and Ely (Journey time Liverpool Street to Cambridge 70 to 85 minutes, Cambridge to Norwich 80 minutes).
• London Underground: Circle, Hammersmith and City and Metropolitan lines between Liverpool Street and King’s Cross (journey time 10 minutes) to Connect with either:
- Great Northern / Thameslink services between King’s Cross / St Pancras and Cambridge / Ely (journey time 50 minutes to Cambridge, 70 minutes to Ely) for connections on Greater Anglia, Cross Country and East Midlands Trains services between Cambridge / Ely and Norwich. (Journey time 60 Minutes Ely-Norwich)
- Greater Anglia services between Liverpool Street and Ipswich via Cambridge (Journey time Liverpool Street to Cambridge 70 to 85 minutes, Cambridge to Ipswich 82 minutes).
• London Underground: Circle, Hammersmith and City and Metropolitan lines between Liverpool Street and King’s Cross (journey time 10 minutes) to Connect with Great Northern / Thameslink services between King’s Cross / St Pancras and Cambridge for connections to Ipswich (journey time 46 minutes to Cambridge, Cambridge to Ipswich 82 minutes).