Armed police called to reports of gunshots find clay pigeon shoot
- Credit: Google Maps
Police called out to reports of gunshots in a Suffolk town instead found a clay pigeon shoot.
Suffolk police were called to Stowmarket on Saturday evening shortly after 7pm following reports of gunshots being heard close to the town centre.
Officers were sent to the area and confirmed they could hear gunshots in the vicinity and armed police were then sent to the town.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "It was soon established it was a clay pigeon shoot that police were not aware of."
It is not a legal requirement for clay pigeon shooters to tell police about the shoot but the spokesman said it was a good idea to let police know if the location of the shoot was not used regularly for this purpose.
The incident has now been closed.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week