Stowmarket: Cedars Park Community Centre has open weekend after £1million construction
- Credit: Archant
The opening of a new £1million community centre has been hailed as a “very positive” step for a growing residential area of a Suffolk town.
The centre on Cedars Park, in Stowmarket, held an open weekend for people to find out more about the facility.
Dusty Miller, chairman of the Cedars Park Community Interest Company said: “It went really well, we had a really good day. We had a steady influx of people with about 300 here for the barbecue. It’s been absolutely brilliant and there were many families with children here.
“It was very positive. We had 100 members of the community interest company last week and over the weekend we had just under 100 sign up.”
The centre will be used for a variety of purposes including Cedars Park Football Club, a new pre-school and several fitness classes.
You may also want to watch:
Work started on the centre last July and is due to be given its grand opening by David Ruffley MP for Bury St Edmunds on June 8.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder