Stowmarket: Chilton Community Primary School receives ‘good’ Ofsted inspection
- Credit: Archant
A SCHOOL is celebrating after its Ofsted inspection praised their teachers, students and governors.
Chilton Commununity Primary School in Stowmarket has shown improvement with its new ‘good’ rating compared to ‘satisfactory’ in 2009.
Headteacher, Elizabeth Bennett said: “I want all our children to have the quality of education that other outstanding schools have throughout the country.
“I would like to thank the Governing Body who were recognised by Ofsted as being ‘a key driving force in helping the school to make important improvements since the last inspection.’”
The inspector said students were doing well in English and maths with teachers and teaching assistants working closely together.
The nursery was described as outstanding with children making ‘rapid progress’ with their development.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 10 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson