Stowmarket: Crash victim named
AN 89-year-old man who died after being struck by a car in a supermarket car park has today been named.
Ronald Child was struck by a silver VW Fox in a section of the ASDA supermarket in Wilkes Way, Stowmarket shortly after 2pm on Friday.
Mr Child, from Grinstead Gardens in Needham Market was conveyed to the West Suffolk Hospital, but died a short time later.
The car driver, a 57-year-old woman from Stowmarket, was uninjured.
A section of the car park was closed for approximately five hours while forensic collision investigators carried out their enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
Any witnesses to the crash are urged to contact investigating officers at the Serious Collision Investigation Unit at police headquarters on
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 6 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 7 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 8 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 9 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14