Stowmarket: Crews are still tackling barn fire in Newton Road
- Credit: Archant
The fire service is still on scene of a barn blaze near the A14 at Stowmarket.
Crews from Stowmarket and Elmswell were mobilised to the scene in Newton Road just after 9pm last night.
The Stowmarket appliance arrived on scene at 9.16pm to find a Dutch barn containing 40 tonnes of loose straw alight.
Due to a second barn in close proximity a fire break was established.
The straw is currently being allowed to burn out while the fire service is in attendance.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for the fire service said a crew from Princes Street in Ipswich was just about to relieve the crew from Hadleigh at the scene.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said they were contacted about the blaze by the fire service, adding there was smoke going over the A14.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth
She said there was a 50m stretch where visibility was reduced, but it was not causing any undue hazard on the A14.
The cause of the fire is not yet known.