Stowmarket depot staff take part in bumper volunteering project to boost morale at local school
- Credit: BIDFOOD
The thoughtful staff at a food depot in Stowmarket took part in a bumper volunteering project this month – refurbishing a number of rooms at a local school.
The teams at Bidfood’s Stowmarket depot took part in a local volunteering initiative to support National Volunteers’ Week, which ran from June 4 – 8.
The activities involved working with Debenham High School, assisting the employees in the refurbishment of their staff room and pupil medical rooms.
Tracy Willmott, business manager at Debenham High School, said: “Thank you to Bidfood for all the hard work that your team did for us over half term – it was a very generous offer, and was warmly received by staff and pupils arriving on Monday morning.”
Speaking about the initiatives, Steve Clarke, general manager at Bidfood in Stowmarket, added: “It is great that so many from the Stowmarket depot are dedicated to giving back to our local community.
You may also want to watch:
“Volunteers’ Week is a great way to help others who need it the most, and has been a great opportunity for us to take our existing charity support to the next level and physically offer out our services.”
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 4 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 5 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 6 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 7 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 8 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 9 Grieving Cook determined to fill Town fans with joy
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs