Stowmarket fireworks display postponed following strong winds
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk town’s fireworks display has been postponed following strong winds.
The decision was made to postpone the fireworks display in Stowmarket due to strong winds sweeping the county earlier on Saturday.
Organisers announced the event would be postponed by a day and that all tickets purchased for the scheduled display would be valid on the rearranged date.
The event is now due to take place on Sunday.
The Museum of East Anglian Life said it was "gutted" to have to move the event - its most important fundraiser of the year.
You may also want to watch:
The museum said: "Unfortunately, due to the strong winds, we have taken the decision to postpone our Bonfire Night Celebrations until tomorrow night, Sunday, November 3, when we hope everyone will come out to support the event.
"This is our most important charity fundraiser of the year and we're gutted to have to move it, but safety is our priority.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 7 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 The best roast dinners in Suffolk as chosen by our readers
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
"All tickets purchased for tonight will be valid tomorrow, at the same time."
Gates are open from 6pm, with food and refreshments available to buy throughout the evening.
The bonfire will be lit at 7pm followed by fireworks at 7.30pm.