Stowmarket serves up feast with annual food and drink festival
- Credit: Archant
There were lots of happy eaters in Stowmarket this weekend as the annual food and drink festival came to town.
The festival took place on Sunday July 7 alongside the Museum of East Anglian Life's CAMRA Beer & Brewing Festival.
Events included the Kitchen Theatre, which saw the best local chefs show off their skills at the John Peel Centre, along with a craft gin bar.
There was also feature live music and children's entertainment.
The tasty events have not stopped there.
You may also want to watch:
This year has seen the Festival team up with other local businesses for 'Best of Suffolk' fringe events which will take place this week, such as a real ale showcase at the Gladstone Arms in Combs Ford from July 8-14, and special menu at The Mill Bar & Grill in Milton Road South from July 5-14.
Event organiser, David Marsh, said: "It was brilliant that we had nice weather which is the most important thing.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 7 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 10 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
"It was great to see that most of the stalls sold out. We were next to a sausage stall who sold out by 1.30pm and just went to have a wonder around because they didn't have any more to sell."