Stowmarket serves up feast with annual food and drink festival
- Credit: Archant
There were lots of happy eaters in Stowmarket this weekend as the annual food and drink festival came to town.
The festival took place on Sunday July 7 alongside the Museum of East Anglian Life's CAMRA Beer & Brewing Festival.
Events included the Kitchen Theatre, which saw the best local chefs show off their skills at the John Peel Centre, along with a craft gin bar.
There was also feature live music and children's entertainment.
The tasty events have not stopped there.
This year has seen the Festival team up with other local businesses for 'Best of Suffolk' fringe events which will take place this week, such as a real ale showcase at the Gladstone Arms in Combs Ford from July 8-14, and special menu at The Mill Bar & Grill in Milton Road South from July 5-14.
Event organiser, David Marsh, said: "It was brilliant that we had nice weather which is the most important thing.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 3 Woman in her 80s dies after being pulled from the sea
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 6 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
- 7 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
- 8 'Appalling thugs' - U's owner apologises after crowd trouble at Portman Road
- 9 Ex-Town striker joins League One rival
- 10 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
"It was great to see that most of the stalls sold out. We were next to a sausage stall who sold out by 1.30pm and just went to have a wonder around because they didn't have any more to sell."