Town gearing up for StowFiesta
- Credit: STOWFIESTA
Family fun in the sun will make a return to Stowmarket with the annual StowFiesta on June 22 and 23.
Now in its 13th year, the popular event is a permanent fixture in the town calendar and will take place in Chilton Fields.
The Festival originally launched in 2007 as 'StowFest' but in recent years has grown into the more family-orientated 'StowFiesta'.
Live music plays a big part, with disco funk covers band Chart Attack and 7-piece Ska band Rude and Reckless on stage on Saturday, and a tribute to Elvis on Sunday.
There will also be various free family activities including a climbing wall, circus skills workshop and face painting.
David Marsh, events and theatre manager at Stowmarket Town Council said: "It's going to be another great event.
"We're holding this year's event as part of the Suffolk Day Big Weekender, so we've got a bit more of a focus on Suffolk based acts and we think we've got the right balance between covers and originals - there'll be plenty of opportunity for people to have a boogie.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
"One of the things about StowFiesta that is always popular, and something of a rarity, is the free family entertainment - so people don't have to break the bank keeping the kids entertained."
For more information on StowFiesta go to the event website or its Facebook page. www.stowfiesta.co.uk and www.facebook.com/stowfiesta
There are also four free pitches up for grabs for charities and not for profit organisations.
Interested groups should email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.