Fire service respond to blaze on grounds of Suffolk high school
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a blaze in the grounds of Stowmarket High School.
Two crews attended the scene after witnesses reported seeing smoke billowing from land close to the school building in Gainsborough Road, Stowmarket.
The fire service was called to the school shortly before 5.20pm today after receiving reports of the fire.
They arrived to find that a large pile of rubbish, which is separate from the school building, was alight.
The incident lasted for just under an hour and firefighters used jet hoses to tackle the blaze.
You may also want to watch:
The police were also been made aware of the fire.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 6 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 9 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
- 10 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband