Fire service respond to blaze on grounds of Suffolk high school
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a blaze in the grounds of Stowmarket High School.
Two crews attended the scene after witnesses reported seeing smoke billowing from land close to the school building in Gainsborough Road, Stowmarket.
The fire service was called to the school shortly before 5.20pm today after receiving reports of the fire.
They arrived to find that a large pile of rubbish, which is separate from the school building, was alight.
The incident lasted for just under an hour and firefighters used jet hoses to tackle the blaze.
The police were also been made aware of the fire.
- 1 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 2 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 6 Eight centre-backs Ipswich Town could turn to this month
- 7 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 8 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 9 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
- 10 Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed