Stowmarket care worker celebrates 20 years of service
- Credit: Archant
A carer at a Stowmarket residential home is celebrating 20 years caring for local people.
Having starter her career back in 1998 as a care assistant, Ms Row worked her way up to senior positions at the Fornham House residental home in Bury St Edmunds.
She then transferred to Hillcroft House where she met her future husband Alan and relocated permanently to the Stowmarket area.
At the celebration planned especially for her, Ms Row was presented with a special cake and gifts by colleagues.
Manager of Hillcroft House, Amanda Atkins, said: “Gill continues to work at Hillcroft House and is a highly valued and respected senior in our team. We are honoured to share in these celebrations to thank Gill for her service and loyalty. We look forward to working with her for many more years to come.”
Ms Row added: “It was a lovely surprise when the team announced a presentation in my honour. I really enjoy my job and I have met some amazing people and made some wonderful friends along the way. There is such a rapport among my colleagues and the residents here; it makes it a great atmosphere to work in and there is always a lot of support from the team. Thank you everyone.”
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 8 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role