Stowmarket care worker celebrates 20 years of service
- Credit: Archant
A carer at a Stowmarket residential home is celebrating 20 years caring for local people.
Having starter her career back in 1998 as a care assistant, Ms Row worked her way up to senior positions at the Fornham House residental home in Bury St Edmunds.
She then transferred to Hillcroft House where she met her future husband Alan and relocated permanently to the Stowmarket area.
At the celebration planned especially for her, Ms Row was presented with a special cake and gifts by colleagues.
Manager of Hillcroft House, Amanda Atkins, said: “Gill continues to work at Hillcroft House and is a highly valued and respected senior in our team. We are honoured to share in these celebrations to thank Gill for her service and loyalty. We look forward to working with her for many more years to come.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Row added: “It was a lovely surprise when the team announced a presentation in my honour. I really enjoy my job and I have met some amazing people and made some wonderful friends along the way. There is such a rapport among my colleagues and the residents here; it makes it a great atmosphere to work in and there is always a lot of support from the team. Thank you everyone.”
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 3 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening