Stowmarket: House swamped by smoke after pan fire

Fire-engine

- Credit: Archant

Firefighters had to be called out after a pan fire caused heavy smoke to engulf a house.

The incident happened in Cherry Tree Road, Stowmarket at around 2pm today.

Fire crews from Stowmarket and Elmswell ventilated the property and had left the scene by 2.35pm.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter