Stowmarket: Logistics firm agrees to provide 10 lorries an drivers for carnival
- Credit: Archant
A TOWN carnival has received a major boost after a company came forward and offered a team of lorries and drivers for its procession.
The Stowmarket Carnival has been struggling to find people to help organise the event and had only two members of the public turn up to a public meeting.
But logistics firm Norbert Dentressangle has come to its rescue to provide transport for schools and groups which will take part in the procession.
Carnival chairman, Zoe Lynch said appeals in the Stowmarket Mercury, the East Anglian Daily Times and on BBC Radio Suffolk had helped spread the word.
She said: “It’s amazing, it’s what the people wanted. They love the procession and it’s what the children love. The procession is very important for everyone and it’s difficult for some groups to get the lorries together. There’s a huge cost but this has allowed the procession to be bigger than the last three years. It’s all very exciting for the children. Before they had to find their own truck. It’s an amazing boost for us as a committee and as a carnival. We are looking for more groups to get involved with the procession.”
You may also want to watch:
The company, based in Needham Road, Stowmarket, has also agreed to pay for the road signs needed to warn drivers of the procession.
Mrs Lynch said she would like groups to contact her about being part of the procession. Call 07854 553966 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
Paul Bridges transport manager for Norbert Dentressangle said: “We are happy to announce our involvement and commitment to the Stowmarket Carnival 2013, ensuring its every success and future stability. Initial discussions have identified a large amount of interest amongst our colleagues, pledging their support and involvement. With the support of colleagues, supply of truck and trailer combinations and financial assistance we believe we can make this year a great success.”