Stowmarket: Man charged with attempted sex assault
A man has been charged after a woman in her 20s reported she had been assaulted in a Stowmarket cemetery.
Luke Myers, aged 20 and of no fixed address, has been charged with assault with the intention of committing a sexual offence.
He has been detained in police custody to appear before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court tomorrow.
The incident happened at a cemetery in Bury Road at around 6am yesterday.
Police were contacted just after 6am by a member of the public reporting the woman had been attacked.
You may also want to watch:
It’s thought she had been walking through the cemetery when she was grabbed by a male and dragged into bushes there.
She screamed, alerting a member of the public, and fought back and the offender fled.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 5 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 6 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 7 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 8 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week
- 9 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 10 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water