Stowmarket museum to launch new ‘child’s play’ exhibition later this month
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A popular Stowmarket museum has announced it will be launching a brand new exhibition inspired by child’s play.
The Museum of East Anglian Life is planning to host its ‘Play and Display’ exhibition later this month.
Over 75 objects and prints will be on display, dating from the 1880s through to the 1960s. Visitors will also be invited to play with a variety of traditional paper games and toys.
Famous names such as Cadbury’s, Bluebird Toffee, Disney and Barbie are represented, alongside favourite stories of Cinderella, Rupert and Noddy.
The exhibition opens on the 24th March 2018, marking the start of the museum’s new season, and runs until late October 2018.
You may also want to watch:
Lisa Harris, Collections and Interpretation Manager at the Museum of East Anglian Life, said: “Whether it’s dressing up paper dolls or watching Fingermouse on the TV, everyone has happy memories of toys made of paper. This is a fantastic chance for visitors to share those memories and see how generations of children have enjoyed paper toys, back to Victorian times and before. Although the materials are simple, these toys are beautifully designed and the games played with them are full of imagination. We want visitors of all ages to try them for themselves and recapture the joy of paper toys.”
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes