Stowmarket: Mystery surrounds man with head wound
- Credit: Archant
A man with a large head wound was discovered by police in a property on Gainsborough Road in Stowmarket on Friday evening.
He is currently in hospital unable to speak - leaving the police mystified as to what happened.
The man was found after a member of the public approached a police car at around 5.30pm on Friday and told police he was concerned about an incident on Gainsborough Road.
When the officers got to the house, they found a man of around 65 years lying in a bedroom suffering from what appeared to be a blow to the head.
A police spokesman described the man as being “incoherent” and he was taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
The police are treating the property as a crime scene and have cordoned it off. They report that blood smears were found in the house.
The injured man remains in hopsital. He has had a CT scan and been given the all-clear but police say he is currently not fit to be spoken to.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 RACE NIGHT LIVE! Brilliant Witches win at Lynn in season opener
- 5 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 6 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 7 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 8 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 9 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash