Stowmarket: Newly-opened John Peel centre to host Lions’ art show
- Credit: Archant
THE newly-opened John Peel centre is hosting an art show which is hoping to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
The Stowmarket Lions is promising more than 300 pieces of art at the exhibition in the John Peel Centre for Creative Arts in the town.
A Friday-night preview event has already sold out with 120 people due to attend.
Show organiser for the Lions, Kevin Standrin said: “There will be a wonderful range of local art. It’s the first time we have worked with the John Peel centre, it’s a good collaboration. You only have to look at the building to know the venue’s perfect for this type of event; it’s an attraction on it’s own.
John Peel’s widow Sheila Ravenscroft said: “It’s obviously very important [for the building to be used by community groups]. We want the building to be used by all the time, it’s important that it is. We want it to be used right across the board: it’s not just for music events, it’s for everything. We have to all work together, that’s what we hope to do.”
You may also want to watch:
The show opens on the weekend of March 2-3, from 10am to 6pm on Saturday and 10am-4pm on the Sunday.
Admission is £1.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks