Stowmarket: Peel centre’s art show organised with Stowmarket Lions is a success
- Credit: Archant
THE first art show at the John Peel Centre for Creative Arts has raised £3,000.
About 650 people attended the three-day event organised by the Stowmarket Lions.
The money will be spilt between the Lions and the centre, which has recently opened following its £1.3million restoration project.
Event organiser Kevin Standrin said: “It went very well. It was a popular event, which had over 150 people at the preview evening.
“We had more than 300 art exhibitors for people to enjoy. The venue itself provided a fantastic setting. We had a classical pianist playing which contributed to the atmosphere.”
The first series of gigs at the centre have been announced.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 6 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 7 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 8 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
- 10 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s