Stowmarket Post Office and One Stop store on Ipswich Street to become new Nisa branch
- Credit: Archant
The store on Ipswich Street will be closed for two days, starting on February 13, for the transfer and rebranding to take place.
Stowmarket Post Office and store will be changing hands tomorrow to become a Nisa branch.
Once the new owners have formally taken over, Post Office service will continue to be provided from the existing five modern counters, two open plan counters, two screened positions and a Post Office serving point at the retail counter.
A number of employees have been transferred from the existing One Stop store, but Nisa is also expected to recruit new staff.
The store’s new opening hours will be Sunday to Thursday 6am to 10pm, and Friday and Saturday 6am to 11pm, and the main counters will be open Monday to Saturday 9am to 5.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Post Office spokesperson said: “We understand and appreciate how much communities rely on our services. Therefore, we are delighted that a new owner is taking over the existing Stowmarket Post Office and store. This will mean that the branch can stay at its current location, which is great news for the community.”
While the branch is closed, customers can access post office services on Wolsey Road in Stowmarket, in Stowupland, and in Needham Market.
- 1 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 2 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 3 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 4 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 5 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 6 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
- 7 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 10 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial