Stowmarket: Power cut plunges nearly 500 homes into darkness
- Credit: Archant
NEARLY 500 homes were plunged into darkness following a power cut today.
More than 480 homes and businesses in and around Stowmarket and Stonham Aspal were left without electricity after a tree fell on a power line at 9.30am.
Power was fully restored at 11.10am.
A UK Power Networks spokesman said: “Engineers have repaired an overhead line after a tree fell on it at 9.30am today, and restored power to 289 customers in the Stowmarket area.
“Roads affected included The Street in Stonham Aspal, Debenham Road in Stowmarket and Quoits Meadow in Stowmarket and another 200 customers in the surrounding area saw a brief power cut of about a minute.
You may also want to watch:
“Power was restored in stages until the final supplies were on at 11.10am.”
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 WATCH as man calmly rips wooden gate off hinges before walking away