Stowmarket: Public meeting over paint firm’s safety procedures
PEOPLE are being invited to an emergency planning public meeting tonight following two chemical spills at a paint factory.
Paint manufacturer PPG Industries Ltd, based in Stowmarket, will discuss its emergency plans to protect employees, homeowners and the environment.
Dozens of fire crews attended the spills in January 2012, which occurred within days of each other.
No-one was injured in the accidents and PPG has since worked with the Health and Safety Executive and the Environment Agency to reduce the risks of incidents recurring.
The meeting will also look at the company’s evacuation plans and people can ask questions about the emergency arrangements.
You may also want to watch:
The meeting is at The Cedars Hotel in Stowmarket, tonight, from 7.30pm-9.30pm. To attend, email emergency planning@ midsuffolk.gov.uk
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast