Stowmarket: Regal Theatre enjoys busiest month on record
- Credit: Archant
A THEATRE has broken another record – this time for having its busiest month on record.
Stowmarket’s Regal Theatre entertained more than 7,000 people who bought tickets last month.
Theatre manager David Marsh said: “February is always a great month for cinema. A lot of the year’s best films are released in the weeks leading up to the Oscars and the Baftas, but this year has been something special.
“Less than a decade ago the Regal faced closure due to admissions falling to 8,000 per year, but now we are thriving and we have managed to attract almost that number in just 28 days.
“We’d love to thank our customers and the town council for their continued support.”
The theatre and cinema, which receives funding from Stowmarket Town Council, has a capacity for only 200 people.
Last year 55,000 people came through the doors – up 10% from the previous year. The theatre is currently showing the acclaimed films Zero Dark Thirty and Silver Linings Playbook.
- 1 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Stuart Watson's verdict: Cook sacking shows Town owners mean business
- 4 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 5 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 6 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Ipswich Town set to announce caretaker manager
- 9 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 10 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking