Balaclava wearing robbers burst into man’s home and demand cash at knife point
- Credit: Google
A gang of balaclava wearing robbers forced their way into a man’s home punched him the face and then demanded his money at knife point.
The robbery happened at around 10pm on Friday, September 7, at a home in Osprey Drive, in Stowmarket.
The victim, a man aged in his 50s, opened his back door as three men in balaclavas and gloves pushed their way past the victim.
“They then proceeded to punch him in the face and one of the offenders then threatened him with a knife demanding money,” a police spokesman said. “A male friend of the victim, aged in his mid 40s, also in the property entered the living room and was assaulted in the face.”
The homeowner left the property and his friend, while cleaning his face, heard two of the gang going through kitchen drawers before leaving the home.
They left with jewellery including Bering mens’ watch and white gold eternity rings with baguette diamonds.
Police believe this was a targeted attack and that there is no wider threat to the community.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 3 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 4 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 5 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 6 'A real gent' - Father raising awareness of rare cancer passes away aged 61
- 7 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 8 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 9 Consultation on measures to ease town residents' parking frustration
- 10 Haverhill man taken to hospital after being assaulted by burglars
Anyone who witnessed the incident or saw any suspicious activity is asked to contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 101, quoting crime reference 37/51658/18.
People can also contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through its anonymous online form .