Stowmarket’s Hillcroft House care home rated ‘good’ by CQC inspectors
- Credit: HILLCROFT HOUSE
A care home based in Stowmarket has been rated as ‘good’ by the Care Quality Commission (CQC).
Hillcroft House, which is part of the Healthcare Homes group, has had it ‘good’ rating renewed after it was inspected in May.
Inspectors visited Hillcroft House in an unannounced visit and spent time speaking with staff, residents and relatives.
The report highlighted the friendly, positive atmosphere at the home, rating the home ‘good’ in all areas.
The inspector said: “Staff were happy and positive. This exuded from some who sang and danced through their working day whilst positively supporting people. This light-heartedness was felt by the people being supported and prompted them to smile and join in. People looked happy and there was a degree of calm and people had purpose to their day.”
Amanda Atkins, home manager, said: “We are so pleased to have achieved this consistently positive feedback from our industry inspectors.
“It is essential that we continually review the service we provide and that we receive this feedback from industry experts. We want to care for our residents in the best possible way, and every member of the team is delighted that both inspectors and the relatives of our residents are so happy with the service at Hillcroft House.
- 1 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 2 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 3 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 6 Huge country home with no near neighbours up for sale for £1.45m
- 7 Family left homeless after bungalow destroyed in fire
- 8 NHS 'wargames' collapse of West Suffolk Hospital building
- 9 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 10 Suspected drink driver arrested after three cars damaged in crash
“We will now work to ensure these high standards are maintained and that we continue to create a ‘home from home’ for our residents.”
Hillcroft House is based on Finborough Road in Stowmarket and provides residential care for up to 43 residents, many who live with dementia.