Stowmarket: Sex attack accused due before magistrates
A man is this morning due before magistrates following an alleged sex attack on a woman in Stowmarket at the weekend.
Luke Myers was arrested on Saturday after a woman in her 20s reported she had been assaulted in a Stowmarket cemetery in the early hours of that morning.
Myers, aged 20 and of no fixed address, was yesterday charged with assault with the intention of committing a sexual offence.
He was detained in police custody and is due to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court this morning.
The incident is alleged to have happened at a cemetery in Bury Road at around 6am on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Police were contacted just after 6am by a member of the public reporting a woman had been attacked.
It is thought she had been walking through the cemetery when she was grabbed by a man and dragged into bushes.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 10 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
She screamed, alerting a member of the public, and fought back, causing her attacker to flee the scene.